Yesterday I began a 60 hour journey that the majority of the nation has wisely spread out over the past 5 years.
In true millennial binge fashion, I watched many of the early episodes of Game of Thrones in one sitting.
Now, aside from my having a terrible sense of direction paired with the show’s constant references to things being to the North and East of one another… I’m hooked.
Here are my initial learnings.
(Also. I apologize in advance, I don’t know any of their names and I’m not willing to do any sort of Google research because, spoilers)
- I want one of these wolf puppies. Real bad.
- The ingestion of any snacks that aren’t chewy is forbidden while watching GOT because if you miss any dialogue due to crunching, you’re lost for the rest of the episode.
- From what I hear, any character I like will die. One of the wolf dogs already died and according to my heartstrings, this guy is probably next. (Except…I think I saw him on one of the late night shows and all of the GOT promotional material recently, so maybe not. NOBODY TELL ME!)
- Dragon eggs make a great wedding gift.
(But seriously, for $100 you can have these. Game of Thrones Dragon Eggs Collectible Set. You’re welcome. Also, seriously…nobody buy these for our wedding.)
- John Snow is probably the only character’s name I’ll learn, because my fiancé gave me a whole history that I’m convinced he researched. Here are my takeaways from his lesson in family tree form:
- There are never too many boobs when trying to achieve great ratings. Disappointingly for my 2 male readers, this bullet point is not accompanied by a photo.
That’s all folks.